- What day is my ticket good for?
If you buy a admissions ticket it’s good for 1 of any of the 3 days.
- What is the street address of the festival?
101 E Street Rd, Kennett Square, PA 19348
Apple Maps or Google Maps
- Can I bring my dog?
It is because we love dogs so much, we ask you kindly to leave them at home and do not bring them to the festival. The festival is not a safe environment for them.
- Can I buy tickets at the festival?
Yes, we sell tickets on the field if you don't want to purchase ahead of time. We accept cash and credit cards.
- Is there handicap parking?
Yes, you will enter from RT 82. Please be aware its first come first served and very limited. We will do our best to have someone transport you to the vendor area with a golf cart.
- When do the balloons fly?
This is a great question. Balloons do not hoover, they fly. The best time to see the balloons in the air is between 6am – 8am and 5:00pm – 7:00pm. Sometimes pilots will wait for fog to lift or wait till winds calm down. The festival goes on all day and there will be SO much to do including tethered balloon rides, so there is no bad time to go. A few days before the event we will be posting the event schedule on our website. This will help you decide what times you want to make sure you are there to see exactly what you want to see.
- Can I fly in a hot air balloon at the festival?
Absolutely! You can purchase tickets to fly untethered on our website: ccballoonfest.com/tickets You can also fly in a tethered balloon by purchasing tickets at the festival ($25.00 for adults).
- What is the benefit of buying admission tickets ahead of time?
The prices of adult tickets increase the closer we are to the festival.
- Are there refunds for admissions tickets?
No there are not.
- What if I purchase a flight and cannot go?
Untethered flights are not refunded, they are rescheduled.
- How do I become a vendor? Sponsor? Volunteer?
You can find all that information on our website.
Sponsor the festival
- What’s the parking situation?
Parking is free.
- Can we bring our own food?
For security reasons, no outside food or drink is permitted. No coolers.
- Can we bring chairs and umbrellas?
No umbrellas allowed except handheld ones. We encourage beach chairs and blankets.
- What does balloons fly weather permitting mean?
Flights are deemed safe by the FAA and the pilots themselves. We promise to always put the safety of everyone first.
- If the balloons don’t fly is the event canceled?
This is a rain or shine event. In the off chance that the balloons can’t go up there will be lots and lots to do and see.
- Other Tips
- Our busy time for traffic is 4:00pm Saturday so please make sure you leave yourself time
- Wear comfortable shoes, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Lost parents are to go to the information booth or one of our staff to guide you.
- We do have protocols for lost parents.
- ID will be required for the purchase of beer and wine in our beer and wine garden.
- No drones or UAV allowed.
- Cameras and are encouraged. Tag us in your photos! We love them!
- There are no ATMs at the festival. Feel free to stop by the Landhope Farms at the corner of RT 926 and RT 82, they have an ATM.
The Chester County Balloon Festival would like to give a big shout out and thank you to the following Sponsors. Without there support the festival would not be as successful as it is. The festival raises awareness and monies for the Chester County Hero’s fund, the local fire, fire police EMS and Police and the Boy Scouts Troop 52. So please check our sponsors out.
The Chester County Balloon Festival dates back to 1996 as it was the 1st in the area, we’ve grown from 900 attendees to over 25000 over the 3 day Festival, we try and use vendors and food trucks from the Brandywine Valley area and always work with our local contractors to supply our needs. Local hotels sell rooms, restaurants and museums see an increase in patronage during the weekend of events.